Today, Camosun is a vibrant, future-focused post-secondary institution, home to over 20,400+ students and 1,200+ faculty and staff. As we celebrate our successes, our Indigenous connections and educational mission, we now turn our heads forward to our exciting plans for the future – for the benefit of our students, our community and beyond.
Our Strategic Direction
Camosun’s mission is to “build a better future for our community with relevant, innovative applied education.” As a leading post-secondary institution, Camosun values creativity and innovation in applied learning, collaboration, diversity, sustainability and community engagement – all leading to a rich and rewarding student experience. Learn more about Camosun’s vision…
Our Campus Master Plan
Looking 10 to 20 years into the future, Camosun must continue to adapt and evolve as its college community continues to expand and the regional demand for high quality, relevant, applied post-secondary education and training continues to evolve. See Camosun’s Campus Master Plan for the future…
New Programs and Future Projects
- New Diagnostic Medical Sonography program starts in May 2021
- New Bachelor degree in Sport Management
- New Health Care Assistant and Education Assistant and Community Support programs coming to the West Shore
- Building a Business Case for a Film Studio at Interurban campus
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Camosun celebrates its diverse college community and is committed to fostering a spirit of respect and an environment of equity and inclusivity throughout its educational programs, services, policies and procedures. As a post-secondary institution, the college also commits to leading educational discussions and initiatives to address obstacles faced by Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, women, persons of differing abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2+ communities.
Find out more about Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Indigenization and Reconciliation initiatives at Camosun…
As the applied research and development hub of the college, Camosun Innovates is well known as a Canadian leader in practical problem solving. Through NSERC grants and industry partnerships, the Camosun Innovates team of staff researchers, faculty members and students apply their engineering expertise and utilize the college’s advanced manufacturing technologies to collaborate with industry partners in solving real-world product challenges. Learn more about Camosun Innovates and their latest research projects…
Fast Facts – 2020
Camosun College: 50 years of inspiring life-changing learning
- Founded in 1971
- 20,400+ learners a year
- 160+ programs
- 2 main campuses with 5 partner learning sites, including Camosun Coastal Centre
- 24 students – typical class size
- 24 years – median student age
- 1,200 Indigenous students of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit ancestry
- 2,100 international students from more than 80 countries
- 65,000+ alumni
- 1,200+ employees
- $147.3 million/year total operating budget
- $1 billion/year in economic impact to B.C.
- 91% of surveyed recent grads satisfied or very satisfied with their education at Camosun
- 93% of students who go on to further studies say they were prepared
- Camosun College Foundation holds $27.4 million in total assets and assists over 1,5019 students each year in bursaries and financial awards.